No one enjoys shaving. It's tedious. And don't get us started on the razor burn, nicks, cuts, and missed spots. But shaving isn't the only way you can achieve hairless skin.
Keep your skin smooth and fuzz free year round with consistent body waxing.
What Is Body Waxing?
Body waxing is a semi-permanent form of hair removal that removes the hair from the root. Not only do you get baby smooth skin, but with every waxing treatment your hair will grow back finer, making it less noticeable in between treatments.
Any part of the body that has hair is ripe for waxing. La Belle offers Bikini Waxing for $35; Brazilian Waxing for $65; Arm Waxing $30 for half, or $45 for full; Leg Waxing $45 for half, or $60 for full; and Back Waxing for $65.
Prior to Waxing Let It Grow
You'll need to refrain from shaving (and other forms of hair removal) for at least three weeks. Ideally you need to let your hair grow at least a quarter-inch.
Day of Waxing Preparation
Cleanse the Area: Take a warm shower and make sure your targeted area is clean.
Avoid Lotions or Oils. These can prevent the wax from adhering to the hair.
Remember to Take Tylenol. At least a half hour before your appointment, we recommend taking Tylenol to help with the pain. NOTE: Avoid aspirin or Ibuprofen, which can thin the blood. And always consult with your doctor if you have concerns.
For the first 24-48 Hours, soothe skin with a cold compress; wear loose clothing and underwear if applicable; and use a gentle moisturizer.
Be sure to avoid products with harsh chemicals and hot environments (i.e. baths, saunas), and abstain from sexual activity (i.e. Bikini or Brazilian Waxing). Once skin is clear of redness, be sure to exfoliate to prevent ingrown hair.
Things to Keep in Mind
- That Time of the Month. During that time of the month, waxing will be more painful because your skin is more sensitive during your period. If possible, try to schedule your appointment right after your period, when your skin is the least sensitive.
- First Time Waxer. If it's your first time waxing, naturally it will hurt more. But the more often you wax, the finer your hair will become and the less pain you'll experience during future waxing.
- Waxing Can Only be Done on Healthy Skin. If you're experiencing a break out (acne or STD related), have a flare up of psoriasis, or have sunburn, postpone your appointment until your skin clears up.
- Planning to Hit the Beach or Pool Right Afterwards? Don't. Salt water, chlorinated water, and sand will irritate your newly waxed skin.
- You May Still Notice Some Hair, Especially If You're a First-Time Waxer. Hair grows in multiple stages, and everyone's rate of hair growth is different, which will affect how often you need to wax. When waxing, it's possible there's still hair growing in that follicle. The result can be sporadic hair regrowth a couple days later. But the more often you wax, the weaker and finer the hair will become, resulting in less painful waxing and over time, less hair growth.
Ready for smooth, hair-free skin? La Belle Studio can custom tailor any individual waxing needs. Give us a call at 302-656-0555, 302-378-8880 to book your body waxing service.